Here is some of what happened this year. These are in the order they come to my mind, no chronological:
- I moved into an apartment in November, with my best friend.
- I have finished all of my college classes, and have started my final co-op. I'll graduate in the Spring.
- I've got my first real programming job, full time and with health insurance.
- For the first time I actually have my own heath insurance instead of relying on my mother's.
- I started meditating and then started looking into Buddhism--and found a lot that really rings true with me. Also started to attend the meeting of the Louisville Community of Mindfulness on Sunday mornings (playing hookey today though lol).
Last year at about New Years I said:
- I'm working on exercising more and drinking more water.
- I want to work on keeping a positive attitude when I'm stressed out. (It's
not a problem when I'm not stressed.)
- I intend to graduate at the end of 2005. This involved also finding a co-op
for next year.
- I'd like to be moved out on my own by the end of this year, or shortly after
I actually accomplished most of these. The exercising fizzled around the end of February, cause I got tired of Dad's elliptical machine. Ok, I got a bit lazy lol. But it lasted a whole two months--not bad I guess. But I did keep drinking more water.
My meditation practice has helped me not to get stressed out so much--it helps me to keep a clear head and be able to see when what I'm worried about will just not be helped by me giving myself an headache over it.
I'm close on the graduation bit. I finished my classes in 2005, but my official graduation will be in the Spring of '06.
I am moved out into an apartment now. Woo hoo!
On to next year:
Here are my intentions for this coming year:
- I plan to continue my meditation practice and find out more about Buddhism.
- I plan to start taking classes at Gold's Gym, which is just a couple of minutes from my apartment. In fact, I just signed up for a monthly membership yesterday.
- I would like to get my Microsoft Certified Application Developer certificate, though I've not made serious plans toward that end just yet.
- I'd like to go to more dances, like the the one I went to last night. Found a new friend who was teaching me how to dance. I'm expecting maybe to get a call from him today . . .
We'll see how it goes :)