Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Interesting License Plate

I now live close enough to my workplace to drive home for lunch. So I decided to do that today.

Anyway, on the way home I saw a car parked in the street. I was sitting at a light so I had time to get a good look. First I noticed the bumper sticker: "Topless mountains are obscene." Very true, I thought. It was only then that I noticed the license plate.

"AHIMSA"


Humm...I knew I knew the word, but could not place it. Pretty sure it was a Sanskrit word that I came across in reading about Buddhism but I still get all those terms mixed up. So I did a search and here is what I found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahimsa

Non-violence. Very cool.

3 comments:

Mojoey said...

I carry a camera for times like this.

Mikayla Starstuff said...

I got a picture with my camera phone just before the light changed, but it's too small to see anything on the phone screen. Once I figure out how to get it on my computer, I'll see if it's large enough to read the plate.

Unknown said...

two Buddhists in Ky....

There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

That's a great plate - good ideas are catching.