Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Job, etc

Life has now settled back down to a semi-normal state. At least I am back in the usual routine of getting up and going to work for about eight hours a day. I started at my new job exactly a week ago, and it is going well. It's good to be employed again.

I have also signed a lease on a new apartment. Now rather than commuting about 40 minutes on a congested interstate highway, I will have an easy 15 minute drive to work. And it's closer to a lot of other places I like to go as well. Right now I'm living half-way between two apartments--I'm moving the stuff I can get in my car daily. Downside to this is what when I woke up this morning I realized my toothbrush was at the other apartment. I'll have to coordinate with my stronger and truck-owning friends to get the larger bits of furniture moved over. I've been so eager to start living there that I've spent one night at the new place on mats on the floor. Yes, I'm still young enough to sleep on the floor. :)

I'm still working on the yoga as well. This Monday, I touched the floor without bending my knees for the first time. Small victories :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job and the new diggs! And I'm glad you're working yoga into your routine - I need to do that again. Here's to the downward dog - damn I love that one.